I seriously love Thai food ❤ I love the fresh flavours & vegetables each dish has to offer. This Thai peanut rice bowl tastes (almost) as good as your favourite Thai take out place...I promise! Top with crushed peanuts, cilantro & garlic for some added flavour. Serve over rice or noodles and there you go! Dinner in under 30...YUM.
Thai Peanut Rice Bowl (Serves: 4)
For the stir fry
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (try shrimp or straight up veg too!)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cups pre chopped vegetables (I used mushrooms, carrots, onions, zucchini, peppers & pea pods)
- Pre cooked rice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp each; black pepper, freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp hot water
1. In a large frying pan, cook chicken breast (or other protein) with 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add in additional tablespoon of oil and saute chopped vegetables until tender crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In a large glass measuring cup or mason jar with lid, add in sauce ingredients. Whisk or if using a jar, shake until smooth and combined.
4. Add cooked chicken, vegetables and sauce back into frying pan. Toss chicken and vegetables in the sauce over low heat until heated through.
5. Serve over rice or noodles, top with cilantro and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!