Another installment of super easy meal prep recipes is coming your way! If you missed Meatballs 4 Ways and Rotisserie Chicken 4 Ways, you can find those recipes by clicking here.
This recipe series is all about healthy, tasty & EASY rice bowls! The goal? Pre chop a TON of vegetables that are easily accessible to whip up 4 different rice bowls during the week.
These recipes are super versatile - use any protein of your choice, any rice/noodles you'd like (or omit for a lower carb option...whatever floats your boat!) & any veggies you have on hand. Simple, right?
Today's recipe is a taco rice bowl. It's full of flavour & comes together in under 30 minutes! Add a variety of toppings to really kick up the flavour - yummy!
Taco Rice Bowls (Serves: 4)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (or any protein you'd like)
- 2 cups beef broth (use chicken broth if using chicken)*
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp each; garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder
- 1 tsp each; salt & pepper
- 3 cups pre chopped vegetables
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice or noodles
- Toppings (optional but delicious!); salsa, guac, sour cream/plain Greek yogurt, cilantro, corn, black beans, shredded cheese
1. In a large frying pan, cook ground beef (or protein of your choice) over medium high heat until cooked through. Drain fat if necessary and place back into pan.
2. Add in corn starch and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add broth*, stirring until no lumps remain. Bring to simmer until mixture has thickened.
3. Stir in all spices and simmer over medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, saute vegetables in olive oil over medium heat until tender crisp. Once cooked, set aside.
5. In a bowl, layer pre cooked rice, meat mixture & sauteed vegetables. Add toppings as you wish & enjoy!
*Sub in chicken broth depending on the protein you use. If using seafood (salmon, shrimp etc.), add in 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter & saute with seasonings.