I love a classic mushroom soup & this recipe delivers all the flavours you know & love! A ton of tender mushrooms & a rich, garlicky broth make for a delicious & comforting easy lunch idea! Serve with a chunk of crusty bread or buttery crackers & enjoy!
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 1 lb button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Splash of wine (I used red)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp each; salt, pepper, dried oregano & dried thyme
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk of your choice (or heavy cream)
1. In a large pot, melt butter and saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms are soft and tender over medium heat, about 8-10 minutes. Add in wine and cook for an additional minute or two. This adds so much delicious flavour!
2. Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir, cooking for 2 minutes. Then stir in broth, one cup at a time mixing well in between to remove any lumps. Add in seasonings and stir. Lower temperature to medium-low heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in milk and heat through. Serve warm and enjoy!
*If you're looking for an even creamier soup, remove half of the soup and using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Add it back into the pot and stir together. Enjoy!