I LOVE chicken salad & making it for a quick lunch has never been easier. I love this recipe so much - it's tangy, crunchy with a hint of sweetness to tie it all together. My secret...plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo for some added protein👍 You really can't tell the difference! It's a super versatile recipe that is beyond delish 😊
I never really "measure" for this recipe so everything below is a guesstimate. If you like it extra creamy, add more yogurt. If you like it extra chunky, add in more of the good stuff. Less sweet? Omit the honey. More zippy? Bump up the mustard! Whatever you like!
Serve it up on a toasted multigrain bun or on lettuce wraps for a carb-friendly option. YUM.
Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches (Serves: 4 Sandwiches)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, diced
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- Drizzle of honey to your liking
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Small dab of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 apple, peeled and diced
- Handful of grapes, sliced in half
- Handful of nuts, roughly chopped (almonds, pecans, walnuts...whatever!)
- Handful of dried cranberries
1. Start by dicing one breast of the rotisserie chicken. Add it to a mixing bowl along with the Greek yogurt, honey, salt, pepper and mustard. Give everything a stir until chicken is well coated.
2. Next add in apple, grapes, nuts and cranberries. * You may want to add in more yogurt here if it's looking a bit chunky. Give everything a stir and let it hang out in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
3. Serve it up on its on, with crackers, on a toasted bun or on lettuce wraps for a quick & healthy lunch. Enjoy!
*I've made this up to 2 days in advance in my fridge and it still tastes delicious 😍