Check out this super easy homemade granola bar recipe!!
Packed full of delicious & hearty oats, flaky coconut, chopped nuts & sweet chocolate chips, this kid friendly recipe will be a hit in your house! It's beyond easy to make & a much healthier version then the kind you can find in the store. They store well in the fridge (to keep them firm) for up to a week so they are great as a meal prep snack to have on hand when you need. Yummy, right?! Find the easy recipe below 👇
Homemade Granola Bars (Serves: 1 dozen)
- 1/2 cup oil (I used olive oil but coconut or avocado would work!)
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted nuts (I used cashews & almonds)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (I used cranberries & chopped apricots)
- 1/2 tsp each; salt & cinnamon
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine oil, brown sugar and honey. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until mixture has combined and reduced down a bit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, coconut, nuts, fruit, salt & cinnamon. Leave out the chocolate chips, you'll add those in later. Stir until combined and set aside.
3. Pour slightly cooled liquid mixture into mixing bowl with the oat mixture. Stir to combine all ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Prepare 9 X 9 baking pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray or greasing with butter. Transfer mixture into prepared pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press mixture down firming into the pan.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until firm. Slice into bars and enjoy! Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
*Thank you Lemon Tree Dwelling for inspo for this recipe!