I'm a BIG fan of savoury brunch ideas 🙌 I love incorporating vegetables into these recipes to get a healthy start to my day. Plus, you can make it in under 30 minutes which is an added bonus! Simple ingredients & spices come together with beautifully poached eggs to make this very flavourful egg dish that will become a favourite of yours for sure 😍 Enjoy!
Spicy Sweet Potato Hash (Serves: 2)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced into small chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil; divided
- 1 tsp of each; salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder & chili powder
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper. seeded & chopped
- 1/2 lb asparagus, chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 batch of Cilantro Lime Crema (found here)
- Lime juice, cilantro to garnish (optional but tasty!)
1. In a large frying pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and diced sweet potato. Cook over medium high heat until tender crisp, about 7-8 minutes.
2. Add in remaining olive oil and stir in spices coat sweet potato.
3. Add in chopped vegetables and continue to cook over medium heat until vegetables and sweet potatoes are tender.
4. While vegetables are cooking, bring a large pot of water and vinegar to boil. Using your 4 eggs, follow the directions here to make the PERFECT poached eggs! It sounds intimidating but it's super simple 😁
5. Once your eggs are poached, add sweet potato hash to bowl. Top with eggs, drizzle with crema & add additional lime juice & cilantro for added flavour. Serve warm & enjoy!