Another easy, simple & down right delicious BBQ idea coming your way today. These roasted potatoes are melt in your mouth delicious, full of flavour & beyond easy to prep and make. I love creating recipes that take simple ingredients & turn them into something so tasty! I made these again last night & I think my husband said at least 3 times how good they were....so that tells you something 😂
Using fresh dill really packs in the flavour here however if you're using what you have on hand, dried dill will also work (but fresh is always best ❤) A good rule of thumb is 1 tablespoon of fresh dill for 1 teaspoon of dried dill.
Let me know if you gives these a try - I know they are easily becoming a favourite around my house! Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic & Dill Baby Potatoes (Serves: 4)
- 2.5 pounds baby potaotes, quartered*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each; salt & pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into chunks
1. Wash and quarter baby potatoes. Place in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and add in salt, pepper and garlic. Mix together.
3. Add in chopped red onion and fresh dill. Stir together to ensure all potatoes are coated.
4. Using tin foil, create 4 foil packets by cutting 4-30 cm pieces of foil. Place on flat surface and set aside.
5. Divide butter chunks into 4 equal parts and place in the center of each piece of tin foil. Divide seasoned potatoes into 4 equal parts and place on top of butter on each piece of tin foil.
6. Fold up sides of tin foil to wrap potatoes inside. Place on BBQ preheated to 450 degrees and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Enjoy!
* Any potatoes work here however I love baby potatoes as the size is a bit more uniform for cook time and a bit sweeter in my opinion