Another super simple meatball recipe coming at ya!
If you're just joining us, I've been sharing some simple recipes using a bit batch of meal prepped meatballs. You can find those recipes here and here.
Today's recipe is simple & delicious! Perfect for a busy night or quick lunch on the go, these bbq meatball bites take less then 5 minutes to prep & only 10 minutes in the oven. Serve them up with a tossed salad for dinner tonight!
BBQ Meatball Bites (Serves: 6)
- 1/2 dozen of my Easy & Delicious Meatballs (recipe here)
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/4 cup your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line baking tray with foil and set aside.
2. On a large cutting board, roll out pizza dough until it's in a square. Using a sharp knife, cut six even squares out of the dough.
3. Spread a spoonful of BBQ sauce in the centre of each square. Place a bit of cheese and red onion on top of the sauce.
4. Slice meatballs in half. Place 2 halves on top of the cheese, red onion and sauce. Then, lift up each corner of the dough, like you're wrapping a present, and place it tightly on top. Turn each package over so the flat side is facing up and wrapped corners are tucked underneath.
5. Lightly beat your egg and brush on top of each meatball bite. This helps the dough become golden brown.
6. Place on prepared baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!