I'm loving this idea for an easy dinner & spin on one of my favourite take out dishes! This simple chicken pad Thai takes just 30 minutes, is packed FULL of healthy vegetables & is finished off with the most delicious peanut sauce😍
To make this meal prep friendly, I *only* add sauce to the portion I'm planning to eat. Then, I store the remaining sauce in a mason jar to add to my meal each day. That way nothing gets soggy - yuck! It's a super simple way to prep this for dinner all week long while still keeping it fresh!
Chicken Pad Thai (Serves: 4)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 lb white mushrooms, slice
- 1 cup carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, slice thin
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp each; black pepper, ground ginger
1. In a large skillet, cook chicken breast in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine noodles in a large pot according to instructions on the package.
2. Remove cooked chicken from the skillet and transfer to large plate. Add in remaining olive oil to skillet and saute vegetables until tender crisp, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
3. Once noodles have been cooked, add to large skillet with cooked chicken and vegetables.
4. In a large measuring cup or mason jar with a lid, add in all sauce ingredients and whisk until combined. Drizzle sauce over mixture in skillet.
5. Serve warm topped with peanut and cilantro for additional flavour. Enjoy this tasty dish!