Sharing this super delicious soup with you today! It's beyond easy to whip up & packs some serious flavour! I love a good slow cooker soup - just toss in all your ingredients before bed/work and voila! This soup is ready in no time for a hearty lunch or dinner. Serve it up with some cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice or taco chips if you wish.
Mexican Chicken Soup (Serves: 8)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 - 14 oz can Rotel
- 2 chilies in adobo sauce *
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp each; salt, pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp each; paprika, cumin
- Shredded cheese, taco chips, sour cream, cilantro, lime (optional)
1. Place all ingredients into slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on high for up to 4 hours or on low for up to 8 hours.
2. Remove chicken breast and use 2 forks to shred. Place back into the soup and stir to combine.
3. Serve warm with shredded cheese, taco chips, sour cream, cilantro and lime if you wish.
4. This soup keeps well for up to 1 week in the fridge. Enjoy!