Sharing another NEW energy bite recipe with you today & these may be my favourite recipe yet!
My classic energy bite recipe gets a bit of a face lift with some added delicious ingredients. Dried cherries & dark chocolate come together to pack a major flavour punch. So tasty & packed full of good-for-you ingredients. YUM!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites (Serves: 1 dozen)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2-3/4 cup nut butter (I used smooth peanut butter!) ***
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup each; chopped dried cherries, chopped dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
1. Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Combine together with your hands until well mixed.
2. Cover mixture and place in the fridge for around 20 minutes until it firms up.
3. With an ice cream scoop, make bite sized balls one at a time. Roll together in your hands to form desired shape.
4. Store in an air tight container in your fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
***You may require an additonal 1/4 cup of nut butter in this recipe.