One of my most requested recipes is for healthy snacks. As a serial snacker myself, I can totally relate! Healthy & quick snacks that you can make yourself are hard to come by but get me through the day & help me to make healthy choices.
That's why I love this twist on my classic Energy Bites recipe! These trail mix energy bites perfectly capture the trail mix flavours with nuts, raisins & a touch of chocolate. Easy & delicious...yum! Feel free to mess around with what you add in to create your own trail mix combo! Hope you enjoy this recipe
Trail Mix Energy Bites (Serves: 1 1/2 Dozen)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used smooth peanut butter!) ***
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 flax seed
- 1/4 cup each; chopped unsalted peanuts, raisins & chocolate morsels (chocolate chips, Smarties etc)
- 1 Tbsp honey
1. Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Combine together with your hands until well mixed.
2. Cover mixture and place in the fridge for around 20 minutes until it firms up.
3. With an ice cream scoop, make bite sized balls one at a time. Roll together with your hands until they form desired shape.
4. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
***You may need to use more nut butter here depending on the add ins you use. Start with 1/2 cup but you may require an additional 1/4 cup.