Can you believe Christmas is next week?! Whether you're ready to celebrate or scrambling to pick up your last minute gifts, the holidays are in full swing! This week I'm sharing some pretty delicious & quick appetizers to make entertaining over the holidays a breeze.
Cheeseballs are such a classic addition to any holiday party. They can be served up with a variety of delicious goodies....vegetables, crackers or even fresh bread. This recipe is kicked up a notch by adding probably one of the hottest spices of the year...everything bagel spice! I used Spice World's bagel spice & it is EVERYTHING you love about the classic everything bagel flavour.
Since this recipe does require some chilling time, it's also the perfect (& quick!) make a head appetizer. This will be a crowd pleaser for sure!
Everything Bagel Cheeseball (Serves: 12)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp each; garlic powder & pepper,
- 1 cup Everything Bagel Spice, divided
1. In a large mixing bowl, use electric beaters to combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese & spices together until smooth & combined.
2. In a separate large mixing bowl, add in 1/2 of the everything bagel spice. Set aside.
3. Lightly oil your hands & begin to form cream cheese mixture into ball shape. Once formed, transfer to the other mixing bowl with spices. *
4. Lay ball in everything bagel spice & begin to roll the ball & press the spices onto the ball. Sprinkle over the remaining 1/2 cup of everything bagel spice if you need to coat the entire ball.
5. Carefully transfer ball to serving plate. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Let is sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
* If you find your ball is very sticky, place it in the freezer for up to 15 minutes. This will allow it to come together while still being able to take on the spice coating.