Nothing screams 'holidays' quite like mint chocolate. This classic combo is all over Pintrest & Instagram during the holiday season & I'm here for it!
This dessert is silky smooth, rich & perfectly sweet. It's light & airy with the perfect amount of mint chocolate flavour. I like to think these are a lighter version of a no bake cheesecake....are you drooling yet?! Did I mention these come together in UNDER 30 MINUTES?! I know...sounds too goo too be true!
These mousse cups are so perfect for holiday get togethers & present so beautifully. Top with extra whipped cream or chocolate shavings for an added treat.
Mint Chocolate Mousse Cups (Serves: 6)
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo crumbs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 brick cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp mint extract
* Before you begin, place beaters and mixing bowl in the freezer for at least 15 minutes
1. Start by making the crust. Combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar together in a small mixing bowl. Divide into 6 equal portions and gently press crust into 6 small mason jars.
2. Take out beaters & bowl from the freezer. Begin by heavy cream to mixing bowl and beating until soft peaks form (about 5-6 minutes). Transfer to small mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Using the same beaters & bowl from before, add in softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Begin mixing on medium until smooth. Drizzle in melted chocolate & mint extract then add in freshly whipped cream. Continue until smooth & fluffy.
5. Transfer mousse mixture to large piping bag (or large resealable bag & then snip off the end). Pipe mousse into each mason jar until 3/4 of the way full.
6. Let chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set. Top with additional whipped cream & chocolate shavings before serving if you wish. Enjoy!