I love these cookie bars! They are the perfect sweet treat & super easy to bake!
I've featured these before on the blog (search here or here). They are SUPER versatile - so feel free to switch up the add ins with whatever you have on hand. I really like the mint M & M's to add in some festive flavours & colours 😊 Some of my favourite things to add in are pretzels, mini marshmallows & peanut butter cups!
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family & I do!
Christmas Cookie Bars (Serves: 12)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 18 chopped Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mint M & M's, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8 X 8 baking pan with butter or non stick spray. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
3. Whisk in brown sugar and flour until smooth.
4. Add in vanilla and egg. Whisk again until smooth.
5. Use a spatula to incorporate chopped cookies, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup M & M's. Stir until combined.
6. Pour prepared batter into prepared baking pan. Lightly press remaining 1/2 cup of M & M's onto the top of your batter before baking.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center and the top is set to the touch. These are ooey gooey bars so be careful not to over bake!
8. Let cool completely before cutting. Store in air tight container for up to 5 days or in a freezer safe container for up to 1 month.