Happy Holidays! My kitchen is in full holiday mode, is yours?!
I'm all about whipping up big batches of holiday treats BUT I'm also all about easy, simple recipes. Well...you're in luck! This weeks recipes are just that. Easy, simple holiday treats that are perfect for big batches & store perfectly in the freezer too!
Today's recipe is easy salted caramel pretzel bites. Salty, sweet & perfectly crunchy, these little treats take just 10 minutes from start to finish...yep, I'm serious! So delicious & so easy to make - plus only a few ingredients too! Too good to be true? Nope - just delicious :) Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bites (Serves: 2 dozen)
- 24 small pretzel twists
- 48 mini Rolos (about 1 small bag - found in the candy aisle)
- 24 pecan halves
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to LOW broil. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
2. Place pretzels on lined baking tray. Place 2 mini Rolo pieces on each pretzel.
3. Bake on LOW broil until chocolate starts to melt - each oven is different but about 3-4 minutes should do it.
4. Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully press one pecan half on top of each pretzel.
5. Melt chocolate chips and oil in 20 second intervals in a microwave safe bowl, stirring in between. Once melted, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the pretzel bites.
6. Gently sprinkle flaky sea salt over top of the melted chocolate.
7. Place baking sheet in the freezer to allow bites to set (about 10 minutes). Transfer to sealed contained and keep in the fridge until ready to enjoy!