Can you believe this dish of deliciousness takes JUST 30 minutes to whip up?! These cheesy taco stuffed shells are SO. STINKIN'. EASY & packed full of yummy Tex Mex flavours.
Feel free to play around with the spice level here - I like it spicy but don't worry about subbing in a mild salsa or even plain tomato sauce if you're not into the spice.
Super easy & delicious, this recipe is what YOU should make for dinner tonight!!
Cheesy Taco Stuffed Shells (Serves: 6)
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 package taco seasoning (or add in your own mix!)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup salsa of your choice
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar but whatever you have on hand will work)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta shells as per instructions on package. Drain, cool and set aside.
2. While the pasta cooks, brown ground beef and onion over medium high heat in large skillet. Drain and add back to skillet once cooked.
3. To the ground beef and onions, add in garlic, tomatoes and bell peppers. Saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add in taco seasoning and water, cooking for 7-8 minutes or until saucy.
5. Next stir in salsa and stir to combine.
6. In a 9 X 13 casserole dish, spread a thin layer of your sauce along the bottom of the pan. Begin to stuff cooled shells with ground beef mixture and lining them up in the pan to make rows. Fill all the shells.
7. With any left over ground beef mixture, spread over the top of the stuffed shells or add a bit of salsa on top. Sprinkle on cheese and broil on LOW for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melty and brown.
8. Top with cilantro or extra chopped tomatoes. Serve up warm and enjoy!