This pasta recipe is all kinds of delicious 😍 Tender chicken & crispy bacon are all wrapped together in the most decadent garlic cream sauce with tons of fresh spinach, mushrooms & tomatoes to offer a bright & fresh aspect to this dish.
It's actually super easy to make too! It's perfect for a weeknight meal, hosting for a dinner party & makes amazing left overs too! This dish is a definite treat but oh so yummy I hope you love it as much as I do!
Tuscan Chicken Pasta (Serves: 8)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 lb fresh button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each salt, pepper & red chili flake
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
1. Cook penne pasta as per instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle seasonings on both sides of each chicken breast and add to skillet. Cook for 7-8 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and allow to rest on cutting board.
3. To the same pan, add in bacon and cook until crispy (about 6-7 minutes). Remove from pan and allow to rest on cutting board.
4. In the same skillet again, add in remaining olive oil IF you need too. If it looks like you have enough bacon grease, omit the extra oil. Add in mushrooms and onion, sauteing for 4-5 minutes until fragrant. Add in fresh spinach, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper. & chili flakes. Saute for an additional 4-5 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
5. Lower heat to medium and stir in heavy cream. Add in shredded Asiago cheese and stir until thick and bubbly. Taste and adjust any seasonings you'd like.
6. While the sauce bubbles away, slice chicken breast into thin strips and roughly chop bacon. Add to the sauce and stir.
7. Add in cooked penne and combine all together. To serve, top with additional cheese or chopped parsley. Serve hot with fresh bread (like this recipe!) and enjoy!