These muffins are way too good not to share! Last week, I had a craving for muffins & whipped up this batch. Super tasty & flavorful, very moist & full of peanut butter! I would love to try adding in some plain Greek yogurt next time for some added protein too! Hope you enjoy these as a quick breakfast on the go or a healthy snack in your lunch! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Muffins (Serves: 12)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you like!)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (or any oil you prefer, could sub in melted butter too)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional but delicious)
1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
4. Add in milk and oil, whisk to blend.
5. Stir in peanut butter and cinnamon and whisk until no lumps remain.
6. Gently stir in half of wet mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Add in the rest of the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips if using.
7. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool before storing and enjoy! Muffins last for up to 5 days in airtight container.