I love muffins that are moist, full of flavour & easy to make. And guess what...these muffins check off all of those boxes! These cranberry orange muffins are full of fall flavours & the fresh cranberries add so much tart flavour. I love that the orange zest & juice act as natural sweeteners in this recipe therefore using less sugar then in other recipes. These also work really great subbing in lemon juice & zest too! YUM! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does 😊
Cranberry Orange Muffins (Serves: 12)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + 1 Tbsp vinegar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest and juice from one orange
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line muffin tin with 12 liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs. Mixture will be thick! To this mixture, whisk in oil, buttermilk*, vanilla and orange zest/juice. Mix until just combined.
4. Add your wet ingredients to your dry and whisk until combined and smooth. Stir in 1 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries.
5. Fill muffin tins almost up to the top with batter. Use the remaining cranberries on top of the muffins by gently pressing 3-4 on the top of each muffin.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Muffins last covered for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Recipe ever so slightly modified from Jen at Eat Cake for Dinner
* If you are using the milk & vinegar option instead of buttermilk, combine milk and vinegar in separate bowl and let sit for up to 10 minutes before adding it to your recipe. It works as a great substitute but obviously buttermilk is the best!