This pumpkin layer cake is what dreams are made of ❤ Light & fluffy, full of pumpkin spice & all around delicious!
I followed this recipe from The Country Cook to a T & it really is the perfect fall dessert! Rich vanilla cake, creamy pumpkin & topped with a delicious cinnamon whipped cream. Does it get any more delicious then that?! Not only is it fun to make but it's also fun to eat! Plus, the layers will flip with they bake - creating a very cool layered effect. I know...it really doesn't get any better then this!
Pumpkin Layer Cake (Serves: 12)
- 1 box prepared vanilla cake mix batter (follow instructions on the box)
- 1 - 30 oz can prepared pumpkin pie filling
- 1 - 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice divided (or use 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 - 8 oz tub thawed Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare 9 X 13 baking pan by greasing with butter, oil or cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, prepare vanilla cake mix batter according to instructions on the box. Pour prepared batter into prepared baking pan and set aside.
4. Wipe out mixing bowl used to make cake batter. Combine pumpkin pie filling, eggs, evaporated milk and 1 teaspoon of spices. Whisk together until combined.
5. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture over vanilla cake batter. Be sure to pour it over the whole cake!
6. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow cake to cool entirely.
8. To make the frosting, combine instant pudding mix with the remaining spices. Carefully pour in cold mix and begin to whisk until thickened. Gently fold in cool whip and mix until smooth. Spread on to cooled cake.
9. Enjoy right away or let it hang out in the fridge until ready to serve. YUM!