Sharing this super simple & delicious chicken sheet pan meal with you today!
Simple to prepare, easier to make & awesome for meal prep, sheet pan meals are all the rage online. They require very little prep....and very few dishes! Lucky you!
This chicken fajita meal is full of flavour, veggies & awesome toppings. Make it for dinner tonight (just over 30 minutes to prepare!) I know it will be a winner for sure!
Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Meal (Serves: 6)
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into matchsticks
- Greek yogurt/sour cream, salsa, tomato, cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese as toppings (optional but delicious)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add sliced chicken to large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together spices. Stir until combine. Pour about half of the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
3. Place seasoned chicken breast on on half of foil lined baking tray and place in hot oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through.
4. Add chopped vegetables to small mixing bowl. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp of oil and remaining spice mixture. Toss to coat.
5. Remove tray from oven and add on vegetables to the other half of the tray. Place tray back into the oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp. I don't like soggy vegetables so a bit crisp is fine with me but adjust baking time as you need.
6. Serve it up as is or with prepared whole grain rice. Top with Greek yogurt/sour cream, salsa, tomato, cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese (I use all of the above!) and call it a day! YUM!