I'm excited to be sharing some easy dinner recipes with you this week! Tasty, healthy & delicious meals are what I strive to make & these recipes check all those boxes.
Today's recipe comes from The Salty Marshmallow & is incredibly tasty! Juicy roast chicken, crumbly feta plus roasted tomatoes & olives make for the perfect weeknight meal Serve it up with some lemon potatoes, Greek salad & homemade tzatziki for a hearty & healthy meal! Thanks again to The Salty Marshmallow for this recipe!
Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken (Serves: 4)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup small tomatoes (cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
1. To make the marinade, place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, yogurt, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper in a zip-top bag or a non-reactive bowl.
2. Lightly season the chicken thighs with salt. Place the chicken into the marinade and mix to combine making sure the chicken is coat evenly. Marinate for at least a few hours for the best flavour.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken, skin side up in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the skillet/baking dish from the oven and add the Feta cheese, tomatoes and Kalamata olives on top and in between the chicken pieces.
5. Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.