I love casseroles! They are the perfect one dish meal that combines every aspect of a tasty dinner PLUS are easy to prepare! And an added bonus....you can use that box of stuffing you've had kicking around in the back of your pantry for who knows how long! (We've all got one, you know it's true 🤷♀️)
This vegetable & chicken bake is oh so tasty! It's rich & creamy thanks to an easy cream sauce made with Greek yogurt, milk & a touch of parm. The best part is you ca use ANY vegetables you have on hand to whip it up. Carrots? Yep! Broccoli or cauliflower? Sure! Fresh? Frozen? Doesn't matter - it will all be delicious!
Easy Vegetable & Chicken Bake (Serves: 6)
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp of each; garlic powder, salt & pepper
- 6 cups of your favourite vegetables (I used mushrooms, summer squash, red onion, red bell peppers, broccoli & zucchini)
- 1 - 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 - 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 box stuffing mix, prepared as per box instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large frying pan, saute chicken breast pieces in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Transfer chicken to 9 X 13 oven safe casserole dish. Set aside.
3. Wipe out the pan and add in 1 tbsp olive oil and saute vegetables over medium heat until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer vegetables to chicken in the casserole dish. Set aside.
4. Rinse out pan and add in yogurt, chicken broth and cheese. Heat over medium high heat whisking until mixture is combine, thick & bubbly. Season with salt & pepper. Pour over chicken & vegetables and stir until totally combined.
5. Top mixture with prepared studding mix. Cover with tin foil and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
6. Serve hot & enjoy this tasty dish!