Sharing one of my most favourite recipes with you today! This low carb lasagna stuffed zucchini (that’s a mouthful!) is beyond easy & delicious!
Creamy ricotta, fresh zucchini & rich meat sauce comes together in just 30 minutes to make a simple weeknight meal that is a crowd pleaser for sure! Serve it up with a delicious salad or fresh garden veggies & dinner is served!!
Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats (serves 4)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-650 ml jar tomato sauce (I used Classico Roasted Red Pepper)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Basil, Finley chopped
- 1/2 tsp each; garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Wash and slice zucchini length wise so each zucchini is sliced in half. Use a spoon to scrape out most of the flesh from each half of the zucchini, leaving a bit around the edges and base to keep its shape. They should resemble hollow little zucchini boats!
2. Place in an oven safe dish and drizzle each zucchini with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and broil on low for about 5 minutes until zucchini are tender crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until cooked through. Drain mixture & add it back into your pan. Stir in tomato sauce and heat until warmed through.
4. In a small mixing bowl, add in ricotta, basil and seasonings. Stir to combine.
5. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture in each of the zucchini. Top with meat sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place back into the oven and broil for an
additional 5-7 minutes until heated through.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!