This recipe is SO easy, simple & delicious!!
Perfect for a hot summer day, this slow cooker soup is packed full of so many healthy ingredients! Tons of kale, mushrooms, zucchini plus spicy Italian sausage all wrapped together in a rich tomato broth...oh boy my mouth is watering!! This recipe is already turning into one of my faves 😊
Slow Cooker Summer Vegetable Soup
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1-650 ml jar tomato sauce (I used Classico Roasted Red Pepper)
- - 1-14 oz can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- - 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or mixture of dried parsley, basil, oregano, thyme)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 head kale, chopped (stem removed)
1. In large crock pot, add in Italian sausage, onion, garlic, pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes. Crumble sausage using wooden spoon and stir to combine.
2. Next add in tomato sauce, coconut milk, broth and spices. Stir until completely mixed.
3. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours*
4. Stir in zucchini and kale. Cook for an additional 45-50 minutes until kale is tender.
5. Serve warm and enjoy!
* Cook time depends on your crock pot! Mine cooks pretty hot, it was done at 5 hours on high