Is there anything more delicious then a big, delicious bowl of pasta?! If you ask me, the answer is a definite NOPE.
This dish is packed full of flavour & is SO easy to make! Like the easiest dish you will ever make. Just a few simple ingredients are needed to whip up this dish for a super quick weeknight meal for a busy family on the go.
Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta (Serves: 4)
- 1 box your favourite pasta (I used penne)
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each; salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1-300 ml jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk or cream (your choice!)*
- Parmesan cheese, tomato & basil, to garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot, cooked pasta as per instructions on the package. Drain, rinse and set aside.
2. In a large frying pan, brown Italian sausage, onion, garlic, salt & pepper cover medium high heat. Cook until sausage is cooked through, around 8-10 minutes. Drain and return to pan. Add in flour and cook for 1 minute so flour is cooked off and golden brown. Set aside.
3. Drain and rinse roasted red peppers to remove oils. Add peppers into blender and add in chicken broth. Blend until smooth. Add to sausage mixture in your frying pan.
4. Stir sauce and bring to gentle simmer. Add in dairy of your choice (milk or cream) and simmer until heated through.
5. Add pasta and sauce to serving bowl and toss to coat. Top pasta with Parmesan cheese, chopped tomato and basil if you wish. Enjoy!
* Add in more dairy if you like a thinner sauce!