I love a good, hot dip 😍 This spicy Mexican bean dip delivers on all accounts...it's spicy, smooth & cheesy. Serve up this easy & simple recipe with fresh chopped vegetables, crusty bread or classic tortilla chips for a quick appetizer that is a flavour punch to your taste buds!
Spicy Mexican Bean Dip
- 1 can refried beans with green chilies
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp of each: chili flakes, salt, pepper
- 1 tsp of each: cumin and paprika
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Cilantro and green onion, to garnish
1. Add in all of your ingredients except cheese and garnishes into your crock pot. Stir ingredients so they are mixed together. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.*
2. Once heated through, stir mixture to fully mix your dip and transfer dip mixture into pie plate or shallow baking dish. Top with cheese and broil in the oven on LOW for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
3. Remove from the oven, top with garnishes and serve hot with chopped vegetables, chips or crusty bread. Enjoy!
* This can also be made in the oven but I think the flavours blend together better with a longer cooking time. To bake in the oven, follow the directions except bake your dip at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with cheese and broil as per instructions above.