Don't quote me on this but I feel like steak is a must at every Father's Day BBQ, right?
Nothing beats a juicy, well grilled steak & this recipe delivers! Two things are needed when you're preparing the perfect steak:
A. A simple marinade really makes all the difference to add flavour to your steak. Marinade for at least 30 minutes (or a few hours!) to really enhance the flavour. Marinating your steak also helps to tenderize the meat which results in a melt in your mouth steak (BRB..drooling over here!) If you are only able to purchase a lesser cut of meat (see point B!), a marinade can really elevate the texture & taste!
B. One of my "splurges" in my kitchen happens when I purchase meat & steak in particular. Paying a few extra dollars makes a huge difference when buying meat. The texture, flavour & overall composition is much better. I personally love sirloin steak the best.
Now I know this isn't a reality for everyone so if you are trying to be more budget friendly, adding a marinade (see point A!) to your steak choice will help amp up the flavour.
I'm also a HUGE believer in buying local when you can. I purchase a lot of my meat products from Miller's Meats & let me be the first to tell you (but you probs already know this...duh) how amazing their products are! They also have killer weekly specials too & their products are second to none. Check them out if you haven't already 😁
Anywho...this marinade recipe is easy, delicious & adds a boost of flavour to your steak. Try it out this weekend!
Teriyaki Marinade (Serves: 2 steaks)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp each; ginger, black pepper, salt, chili flake
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a large resealable bag, mix together marinade ingredients. Place up to 2 steaks in the mixture and seal the bag. Place resealable bag in large plastic container (to avoid spills!) and put in the fridge to hang out for at least 30 minutes but 3-4 hours is best.
2. Remove steaks from marinade and grill to your liking (I like mine medium!).
3. Once grilled, let your steak rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing it up. This allows the juices to relax into the meat aka making for a juicer steak!
4. Once rested, serve it up and enjoy!