Looking for the perfect BBQ side to serve up at your next get together? Look no further! These garlic smashed potatoes are easy, quick & beyond delicious 😍
Perfectly crispy on the outside, unbelievably smooth on the inside & a cheesy, garlicky coating, these little babies will melt in your mouth! Pair these bundles of goodness with grilled steak or chicken & your favourite salad (try this citrus salad recipe or this beet and spinach salad too!) for a delightful cook out meal.
Garlic Smashed Potatoes (Serves: 4)
- 1 - 1 1/2 pound bag baby potatoes (I used Little Potato Company brand)*
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt, pepper & chives, to taste
1. In a large pot, boil potatoes until they are tender (about 15-20 minutes). Drain and set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Place cooked baby potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Lightly butter, oil or spray with nonstick spray the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup. Press the bottom of glass or measuring cup on each potato to "smash" it. It will flatten and the flesh will be exposed (this is what you want!).
4. In a small mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and garlic. Brush mixture over each smashed potato. Then sprinkle with cheeses and seasonings.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted and potatoes have turned crispy along the bottom and edges.
6. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with chives before serving and enjoy!
* Using red or white potatoes cut into small chunks will work too!