Wow. Wow. WOW. 😍
This dish is packed FULL of fresh summer flavours & beyond delicious! It's quick, easy & perfect for a quick weeknight meal but presents so beautifully for a backyard BBQ or dinner party.
The chicken is perfectly juicy & tender. I let mine marinade for over 24 hours (Did I forget about it? Yup! Oops!) but at least a few hours will do. n
Here's a quick tip! Always, always, always place your marinating meat & zip lock bag into a plastic container while it hangs out in the fridge. I cannot confirm or deny what a mess it makes if *by chance* your ziplock bag, say, explodes in the fridge & the marinade goes everywhere?! Trust me, it's a must & will save you ample time, stress & tears if it happens to you. (Like I said, I can't confirm it has ever happened to me......)
This recipe screams summer time & I definitely think you need to make this tonight!
Grilled Citrus Chicken with Jalapeno Mango Salsa (Servings: 4)
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice*
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt, pepper and chili flake
- Juice from 1 lime
For jalapeno mango salsa:
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large zip lock bag, add chicken breasts.
2. In a large glass measuring cup, mix remaining marinade ingredients together. Pour marinade over chicken breasts. Close zip lock bag and let marinade for a least 3 hours (overnight is best).
3. Remove chicken from marinade and BBQ until cooked through, about 17-20 minutes.
4. While the chicken cooks, add all salsa ingredients into large mixing bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Serve grilled chicken over a bowl of rice topped with the salsa.