Hello! This week I am sharing some recipes that are perfect for Father's Day! Spoil your dad by making him any of these tasty recipes & show him how much you care 😊
Starting off the week with these incredibly tasty, delicious, sweet & easy mojito bars! A sweet, crunchy crust is paired perfectly with a smooth lime custard & then topped with the most delicious spiked whipped cream to really seal the deal on the mojito flavour!
This recipe is perfect as a make ahead dessert since it's best served chilled. It also keeps really well in the fridge for up to 3 days...but I doubt you'll have any left overs! Whip up a batch of these mojito bars today!
Mojito Bars (makes 1 - 9 X 13 pan)
For the crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
For the filling:
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 2-14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- Zest from 3 limes
- Juice from 3 limes (about 1/2 cup)
For the whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp white rum (optional - but adds an awesome flavour!)
- 1 tsp mint extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the crust ingredients. Mix until fully combined. Press evenly into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and zest. Beat on low speed until fully combined, about 2-3 minutes. Pour over warm crust and use a spatula to spread evenly over the crust. Place back into the oven for 15-17 minutes. Dessert will be ready when the center is set (not jiggly!) and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to the fridge to set. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set and chilled.
3. For the whipped cream: Place bowl and beaters in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. Remove and add whipped cream into cold bowl. Beat for 2 minutes until soft peaks begin to form.. Slowly add in sugar, vanilla, rum and mint extract. Beat for an additional minute or 2 until stiff peaks form.
4. To serve, slice mojito bars and serve with a dollop of mint whipped cream. Serve chilled & enjoy!
*Recipe inspired by Marzia from Little Spice Jar - thank you!