This. Ice cream. Is. Amazing. 😍❤😁
It deserves ALL of the emojis! I love the silky, smooth texture paired with the perfectly sweet & tart flavour of the raspberry rhubarb swirl. Seriously the most perfect summer treat & super simple to make! The perfect use for the rhubarb you've got growing fresh in your garden or stashed away in the freezer. Try this super sweet recipe today!
*Today's recipe is inspired by Taste of Home & Erin from Table for 7
Raspberry Rhubarb No Churn Ice Cream
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 300 mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, combine rhubarb, raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Cook for 8-10 minutes until fruit has started to break down & creates a puree-like consistency. Remove from heat. Using a potato masher or fork, mash fruit so no large chunks remain and fruit puree is smooth. Transfer to 9 X 5 loaf pan and let cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
*At this time, place bowl/beaters into the freezer. You will need them nice & cold for the next step!
2. Once cooled, remove loaf pan from the refrigerate and stir in condensed milk into fruit puree. Set aside.
3. In chilled bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until firm peaks form (about 3-4 minutes). Once whipped, gently fold whipped cream into fruit puree mixture (in the loaf pan) with a spatula until all ingredients are fully combined. Smooth the top with the back of a spatula or spoon.
4. Cover pan with foil and place in the freezer. Freeze over night or at least 4 hours. To serve, scoop into a bowl and top with additional raspberries. Enjoy!