Hello! I'm excited to be sharing this juicy, bright & delicious salad with you today!
This salad screams summer time! So many tasty fruits & a simple, tangy & creamy dressing pairs perfectly with the crisp spinach. Pair this baby with grilled chicken & some tasty mashed potatoes for a hearty & fresh BBQ dinner!
Citrus Spinach Salad
For the salad:
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 lb strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- 1-10 fl. oz can mandarin oranges, drained
For the dressing:
- Juice from 1/2 a navel orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Wash and dry spinach. Place in large serving bowl.
2. Add in onions, strawberries and oranges. Toss to mix ingredients together.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing until fully mixed together. Drizzle dressing over spinach salad and toss to coat with dressing.
4. Top with toasted almonds* and serve immediately. Enjoy!
* How to toast almonds: Place 1/2 cup of sliced almonds in shallow baking dish. At 350, bake almonds for 3-4 minutes, until they smell nutty & begin to turn golden brown. Keep a VERY close eye on these babies...they can go from being done to burnt in a span of 30 seconds! You're looking for a golden brown colour on your almonds. This enhanced their flavour SO MUCH so don't skip this step!