Hello & good Monday morning to you! The sun is shining, the tea is hot & it's a fresh start to the week! Yay!
This week's recipes will be featuring super easy & delicious salad recipes that are PERFECT for your next backyard get together. With the weather finally warming up, all I want to do it hang outside. These recipes are bright, refreshing & unbelievably tasty. Stay tuned all week for these new salad recipes!
This recipe comes from Two Peas & Their Pod & it's a GOOD ONE. A friend of mine from work has made this for our work potlucks for the past few years & I easily became obsessed with the recipe. It's tangy, tasty & works great as a make ahead salad (plus tastes great as left overs too!). So thank you to Maria from Two Peas & Their Pod for this delicious summer salad recipe - I hope you love it as much as I do!
Orzo Salad with Lemon, Feta & Dill (recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod)
For the salad:
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked as per box instructions
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp each; olive oil & lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cook orzo according to instructions on the box. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place in large serving bowl and allow to cool.
2. To the serving bowl, add in chickpeas, cucumber, feta cheese, red onion and dill. Toss to incorporate all ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients to make the dressing. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat ingredients.
4. Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow flavours to be incorporated. Serve cold and enjoy!