This week, I'm excited to be sharing some super easy & delicious slow cooker meals!
I ❤ my slow cooker. Like seriously. There is nothing better than dumping all of your ingredients into your pot, letting it simmer all day long & come home to a meal ready to rock & roll. It's almost like you have a personal chef!
Today's recipe is one of my favourite things to make & my husband's to eat! I think he would request this for every dinner if he could 🤣 Cooking the roast in the oven can be finicky & obviously no one likes dry roast. This recipe is tried & true to give you a moist, juicy & succulent roast every single time.
I've made some notes at the bottom too so take a peak if you're looking for some more meal ideas!
I hope you love this recipe as much as myself & my husband do! It's truly a delicious meal.
Perfect Slow Cooker Roast Beef
- 1-5 lb beef roast of your choice (I like to use chuck, top sirloin or sirloin tip)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
1. Rub entire beef roast with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Next add seasoning to large plate. Place your roast in the center and being to rub the roast with seasoning blend. Be sure to press seasoning on to all sides, top and bottom of the roast. Set aside.
3. Add in a large frying pan, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Over medium high heat, sear each side of your roast. Use tongs to hold your roast on each side for 1-2 minutes until a nice crust forms and each side turns a warm, golden brown.
4. Transfer seared roast to your slow cooker and carefully pour in your beef broth.
5. Cook your roast on LOW for up to 8 hours or on HIGH for up to 5 hours.
6. Once your roast has finished cooking, remove from slow cooker and place on cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. When you are ready to serve, use 2 forks to shred your beef. Serve with the sides listed below or use beef to add to sandwiches or salads.
To make the au jus:
Remove juices from the slow cooker and strain using a fine mesh colander. Add juices to a small pot and bring to boil over medium high heat. In a small bowl, add in 1/4 cup beef broth and 1 tablespoon of corn starch. Whisk or stir with a fork to remove any lumps and bumps. Add in slurry mixture (did you know that's what it's called?!) to heated beef broth and whisk until juices begin to thicken.* Serve hot on the side of your roast beef. Enjoy!
* To make a full meal, add in 4 carrots (peeled and chopped), 1 large onion (peeled and chopped) and 2 pounds of potatoes (peeled and chopped) to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with 1 tablespoon of additional steak spice (or spice mix of your liking). Add to slow cooker and cook along with your roast.
** If you like a thicken au jus, double the amount of corn starch added to your slurry.
medium high heat,