I love this super easy lunch idea for a healthy & hearty meal! Just a few simple steps and ingredients are needed to whip up these tasty lasagna rolls in no time!
Lasagna Roll Ups
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups pasta sauce (I like Classico sauce but use your favourite!)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to directions on the package. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Lay lasagna noodles on a clean counter or cutting board. Spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on each noodle. Top the cheese layer with a small amount of the ground beef. Roll up each noodle into a tight bundle and place in 9X9 baking dish.
5. Once they are all rolled, top with pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then put oven on broil until cheese is all melty and delicious!
6. Serve hot and enjoy!