Hello! This weeks recipes will be all about quick & easy lunch ideas!
Lunch recipes are easily my number one request & I totally get it. There is nothing worse then a boring lunch. I don't know about you but I find my eating habits start to slide after an unfulfilling lunch. But fear not! These recipes will keep you full all day long, are super easy but delicious!
Today's recipe was a total fluke! I found some inspo for this recipe on Pintrest, flipped it around & made it my own. It did NOT disappoint. This healthy soup is packed full of flavour. It's super creamy too - which is a plus if you ask me! I hope you try this Mexican Lentil Soup!
Mexican Lentil Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1-14 oz can diced tomatoes (I used Rotel for an extra kick!)
- 1-127 ml can green chilies, drained
- 1-14 oz can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each; garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika, cumin, chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1. Chop onion and bell pepper. Add to slow cooker.
2. To the slow cooker, add in the remaining ingredients except the milk. Cook on low for up to 6 hours or on high for up to 4*.
3. Once cooked through, add about half of your soup to large pot. Use an immersion blender or regular blender** to puree soup until smooth.
4. To the pureed soup, add in milk and stir until combined.
5. Add pureed soup back into the slow cooker. Stir until totally combined. You're done!
6. Serve warm with cilantro, lime, sour cream of Greek yogurt or taco chips. YUM!
* This is how my slow cooker works. Feel free to adjust depending on your make and model.
** Be careful using a regular blender as soup will be VERY hot
***Feel free to tame down the spices if you enjoy a milder soup 😊