THESE. RIBS. 😍
If you're looking for the most perfectly smoky & finger licking ribs, look no further. These guys are so dang good! I can't even remember how many times I've made this recipe but it works out every time!
One tip to making tender, juicy ribs is to remove the membrane along the back of the ribs. Without taking it off, it will be tough and gross...trust me. Follow The Spruce Eats step by step guide for removing it. Her pictures and steps are fool proof!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe! It's easy and down right delicious!
Perfectly Smoky BBQ Ribs (Servings: 2)
- 2 racks pork back ribs; membrane removed
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 Tbsp of each; onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika and cumin
- Touch of chili flake (if you like it spicy)
- 1 cup favourite BBQ sauce (I used Bulls Eye or Sweet Baby Ray's)
1. Prepare ribs by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs. Discard. Lay ribs on cutting board.
2. In small bowl, stir together spices. Begin by adding 1/2 tablespoon of spice mixture to each rack of ribs. Rub in spices so they stick to the ribs. Turn racks over and divide the remaining spices between the 2 racks. Repeat the same step by rubbing spice mixture over the ribs. *
3. Add in 1 cup of water to slow cooker. Carefully place ribs so they stand along the sides of the slow cooker (they will almost make a ring around the outside of the slow cooker). Cook on low for up to 8 hours.
4. Once cooked through, carefully remove from the slow cooker. Discard juices from bottom of the slow cooker.
5. On a medium high BBQ, place the ribs. Brush with your favourite BBQ sauce and cook until sticky and crispy.
6. Serve immediately with extra sauce to dip if you wish. Enjoy!
*Note: A little tip to help save your spice rub! Rub one rack at a time with rub. Then lift it and shake it over top of the other rack. Any excess that didn't stick onto the first one will fall onto the second one so no spices are lost