Happy Monday! What would spring in Manitoba be without a late spring snow storm?! This white stuff has really through a wrench in my plans to share my favourite BBQ recipes with you this week....*sigh* But we're doin' it anyway!
I'm a firm believer that everything tastes better on the BBQ. Ribs, chicken, steak, burgers, vegetables...all more delicious when cooked over an open flame. This week I'll be sharing some delicious BBQ recipes and some tasty sides that will compliment any BBQed meal.
Today's dish is a super tasty & creamy warm potato salad. It many remind you a bit of Earl's Kitchen and Bar's side dish as it's a spin off of that recipe. This recipe is quick to prepare and down right delicious!
Warm Potato & Bacon Salad
- 1.5 pound baby potatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of each; salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill, paprika
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by covering half of the sheet with tin foil and folding up edges to make a rectangle. Place corn on the tin foil side and bacon strips on the other side. Bake for 12-15 minutes until bacon is done to your liking (I like it crispy!) Crumble the bacon and set aside.
2. Cook baby potatoes as per instructions on the package. Mine took about 15-17 minutes until fork-tender. Drain and return to pot. Keep warm.
3. Prepare the dressing by placing Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, seasonings and green onions. Stir to combine.
4. To assemble, place warm potatoes into large serving bowl. Top with cooked corn and crumbled bacon. Reserve some to use as garnish if you wish. Drizzle dressing over mixture and stir to combine. Top with additional bacon, corn and green onions before serving. Enjoy warm! Leftovers are tasty too 😊