Hands down stuffed peppers are one of my favourite dinners. A few reasons why they are my fave:
A. Perfect for meal prep. I love to make my filling ahead of time and roast the peppers right before we're ready to eat.
B. Tons of flavour combos. There are so many different options to stuff these babies!
C. Awesome low carb option. A super tasty dish without all the carbs.
These peppers are simple, easy & delicious! If stuffed peppers are your jam, try out these stuffed buffalo chicken peppers too!
Chicken Pesto Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers, sliced in half with seeds removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb chicken, shredded (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash, cut and de-sed bell peppers. Slice in half to create little bowls. Place on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes until tender - crisp.
2. While your peppers roast, shred prepared chicken breasts. Use either rotisserie chicken or try cooking it in the slow cooker on low with 1 cup chicken broth for up to 6 hours. Add them to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. To the chicken breasts, add in pesto and Greek yogurt. Stir until completely mixed.
4. Remove peppers from the oven. Fill them up with prepared chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese and place back into the oven.
5. Bake for 5-8 minutes until cheese is all melty and delicious. Broil on low for 1-2 minutes to get the cheese warm and brown.
6. Remove from the oven and serve hot. These are so delicious!