Hello and good Monday morning! This week I'll be sharing some of my favorite low carb dinner options that are quick, simple & so delicious!
Sheet pan suppers are ALL the rage. Cooking everything on one sheet pan is great for a fast clean up for an easy weeknight meal and super duper easy to meal prep too! Generally any protein or vegetables will work (or go straight veg if that's your jam!) & an excellent low carb meal. For my husband who claims if he doesn't eat carbs he'll die (insert eye roll here), I served his over whole grain rice. Let me know if you try this recipe & love it as much as I do!
Roasted Sausage & Vegetable Sheet Pan Supper
- 1 lb favourite sausage (I used farmer sausage from Winker Meats)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of each; Italian spice blend, salt, pepper
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 lb asparagus (about 12-15 spears), trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
* While not low carb, I added 1 lb sliced baby potatoes since I had some on hand. You can leave 'em in or kick 'em out - whatever you choose!
1. Preheat your oven to 425. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Begin by slicing sausage into 1 inch disks. Place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes until it starts to get crispy.
- If choosing to use baby potatoes, add them now to the pan before placing in the oven.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add in all of your veggies. I like my veggies (besides asparagus and mushrooms) cut into chunks but feel free to slice, dice etc however you like them! Drizzle with olive oil, seasonings and garlic. Set aside.
4. Remove sausage from the oven. Add in prepared veggies to your pan. Stir to combine into one single layer. Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes until vegetables are tender - crisp. No one likes mushy vegetables!
5. Add a sprinkle of parsley or parmesan cheese before serving if you wish. Enjoy!