Hello! I randomly stumbled upon this recipe on Pintrest from Fork Knife Swoon a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try. So glad I did!
Muffins are a huge weakness of mine. Served up with a cup of tea, there is nothing like it! I'm always looking for healthier alternatives to these tasty treats & this recipe delivers! I made a *few* substitutions to this recipe and let me tell ya, these are just way too delicious!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Muffins (Serves: 12)
* Recipe Adapted from Fork Knife Swoon *
- 1 banana, mashed (over ripe is best!)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 12-cup muffin tin by lightly spraying with cooking spray or with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash banana. To this mixture, add in egg, yogurt, canola oil, almond milk and vanilla. Use a whisk to combine ingredients.
3. Add in both sugars to the mixture and stir to combine.
4. Next, add in cocoa powder and stir until totally mixed in. Finish off by adding flour and baking soda, making sure to only mix until everything is just incorporated. Too much mixing = tough muffins!
5. Fill muffin tin with batter (I used 1/2 cup per muffin and it worked great.) Take melted peanut butter and drizzle over the top of each filled muffin tin. Use a toothpick to swirl peanut butter. It looks so pretty!
6. Bake for 17-20 minutes until fully baked through and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for up to 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to cooling rack.
7. Store in sealed container for up to 5 days. Enjoy!