Sharing this super easy & delicious recipe to help you get ready for Easter!
These scones are totally perfect to serve for an Easter brunch & definitely tasty enough even for dessert! With a few simple substitutions, these tasty treats can easily be made with dairy products (if that's your jam 😊) however I think they taste pretty darn good just as they are!
Vegan Lemon Raspberry Scones
- 1/2 cup cold, dairy free butter (I used Melt brand)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Juice from one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and lemon zest. Stir until ingredients are combined.
3. Add butter substitute to your dry ingredients. Use 2 forks, your fingers or pastry blender to cut butter substitute into flour mixture. Mix well until mixture is crumbly. Some lumps and bumps are totally fine!
4. Add in almond milk or milk alternative and lemon juice. Using mixing tool of your choice to stir and combine until well mixed.
5. Add in frozen raspberries and stir until just combined.
6. Add a bit of flour to your counter/work surface. Transfer mixture here and begin to knead until it comes together. You don't want to over work it, just until it's combined. Form into a rough ball shape.
7. Using water glass, cut circles out of your dough. Place on prepared baking sheet. With whatever dough is left over, knead together again and continue to cut out circles until you've used all of your dough.
8. Leave a bit of space between each one on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
9. Place on wire racks until completely cooled. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!