If you're looking for the perfect spring/summer treat, look no further! This super easy & delicious pie is totally VEGAN plus takes only 4 ingredients! WHAT?! I know...it's totally crazy!
I know you'll love this recipe as much as I do. Check the recipe down below for an adaptation with diary products (PS - I think it tastes great both ways 😊)
Vegan Oreo & Ice Cream Pie
- 1-500 gram package chocolate sandwich cookies (I used Oreo, you'll need about 24 cookies in total)
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter (I used Melt brand)
- 1 tub coconut whip (I used So Delicious Cocowhip)
- 1 pint dairy free ice cream (I used Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Half Baked Dairy Free Ice Cream)
To make the crust:
1. Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor or in resealable plastic bag with a rolling pin until you have finely crushed crumbs. Add to a large mixing bowl and add in melted butter. Stir until totally combined.
2. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Make sure you have an even crust! Set aside.
To make filling:
1. Leave ice cream and coconut whip (if frozen) out to thaw on your counter for 30 minutes prior to making dessert. You want both ingredients to be soft but not totally melted to allow for easy mixing.
2. Once both ingredients are softened, add to large mixing bowl. With a whisk, begin to mix both ingredients together. Continue to whisk until both ingredients are totally blended.
3. Pour ice cream mixture into the prepared pie crust. Top with additional cookie pieces or crumbs (or both!) if you wish.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 3 hours or until set. Serve cold. Enjoy this tasty treat!
1. Coconut whip can be made from scratch. I wasn't feeling confident to make it myself. If you do make it yourself, use right away in the recipe. It won't need to be thawed.
2. If dairy free is not your thing, sub 1/4 cup of butter, 1 tub of whipping cream/Cool Whip and 1 pint of your favourite dairy ice cream. All the steps will remain the same.