These hash browns 😍 Crispy. Delicious. Easy.
Whipped these up in under 15 MINUTES. That's right, folks! This recipe is beyond easy and super delicious! With just a handful of ingredients, these sweet potato hash browns are just minutes away from being enjoyed!
Crispy Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp flour of your choice
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Peel sweet potato. Using a cheese grater, shred your sweet potato. Place shredded sweet potato into large mixing bowl.
2. Add in egg, flour and seasonings. Use a spoon to combine until all ingredients are mixed.
3. Place olive oil in large frying pan. Use 1/4 cup scoop to make patties out of sweet potato mixture. Place in frying pan and use spatula to press into patty form.
4. Cook over medium high heat starting with 4-5 minutes on the first side before flipping over to the second side. If you flip it over too soon, the patty will fall apart. You're aiming for a crispy golden brown colour on the bottom before you flip!
5. Enjoy warm with chopped chives or sweet chili mayo for dipping. They are delicious on their own or as a side dish to your meal. Enjoy!