Who doesn't love sweet potato fries?! These are super crispy, smoky & down right delicious! I followed Gimme Some Oven's directions for soaking and making these fries but switched up the seasonings to my own mix. Trust me...don't skip any of these steps! The soaking of the fries, the dredging, the spices...it can be a labor of love but these are the BEST ones I've made & are as close to restaurant quality that I've found 😊 Serve these guys up with a chipolte crema dipping sauce (check my recipe out here )!
Smoky Sweet Potato Fries (modified from Gimme Some Oven)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp of each; garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Begin by peeling and chopping sweet potato into thin wedges. Place in a large bowl of cool water to soak the fries for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Drain fries and pat dry with clean dish towel. Place in a large zip lock bag. Drizzle olive oil over wedges, seal bag and toss to coat all fries.
3. Open the bag and add in corn starch. Reseal the bag and toss to coat. Add in the other seasonings, reseal the bag again and toss to coat the fries.
4. On a parchment lined baking sheet, place fries in a single layer, leaving a bit of room between each one. Bake for 15 minutes then turn fries and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
5. Serve warm with your favourite dipping sauce (I love this one here ) Enjoy these crispy & delicious sweet potato fries!