Sharing some of my favourite sweet potato recipes with you this week!
I love sweet potatoes for so many reasons! Not only are they delicious (duh) but they are packed full of nutrients and are an awesome lower carb option to regular potatoes. They also take on seasonings very well so it's an easy way to add different flavours too!
This southwest stuffed sweet potato is one of my favourite easy lunches when I'm in a pinch. It's stuffed full of some DELICIOUS ingredients and is super tasty! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Stuffed Southwest Sweet Potato
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted**
- 1/4 cup each corn, black beans, chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of each; chili powder, cumin and paprika
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: cilantro, green onion, extra cheese as garnish
1. Slice warm roasted sweet potato** down the center. Make a well in the center by scooping out a bit of the flesh. Save the inside for another use.
--> If you're using one you've pre roasted, place in microwave for about 2-3 minutes until it's warm.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together corn, black beans and chopped bell pepper. Add seasonings in and stir to combine.
3. Stir in Greek yogurt and cheese. Stir until coated with mixture.
4. Place mixture inside your sweet potato. Top with extra cheese if you wish.
5. Place in oven save baking dish and broil on LOW for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
6. Top with cilantro or green onions if you wish. Enjoy right away! Yum!
** To roast a sweet potato, wash and pierce wholes in the skin with a fork to allow steam to escape. If you want to drizzle olive oil on the skin you can but it's not necessary. Roast for 35-40 minutes on 425. To check if it's tender all the way through, insert a toothpick. If it slides through, it's ready to enjoy!