These are hands down the BEST muffins I've ever made, eaten & enjoyed! They are beyond moist & flavourful plus they require only a few simple ingredients that I bet you already have on hand. My husband requests this recipe probably more then any other recipe I make - so that has to tell you how great these are! This recipe is from This Grandma is Fun (thank you!) & the only change I recommend is cutting down the white sugar to half a cup - it's sweet enough already!
The Best Pumpkin Muffins (Serves: 12)
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (you can sub melted butter here)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin tin with spray or line with muffin liners.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Whisk until combined.
3. In large glass liquid measuring cup, melt coconut oil. Allow to cool slightly. Whisk in pumpkin, eggs, milk and vanilla into the coconut oil. Whisk until combined.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture. Whisk until just combined & no flour streaks remain.
5. Fill muffin tins 1/2 way with batter. Top with chocolate chips if you'd like.
6. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes, until inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool.
8. Store in sealed container on your counter top for up to 5 days.