If you've been keeping up with my IG stories lately, you've seen me making this healthy treat lately! It's no secret I LOVE ice cream. It's definitely something my husband and I bonded over when we first met and is still a big part of our relationship 😂
I love this recipe for a few reasons:
A. It is an awesome alternative to regular-sugar filled ice cream. If you crave this on the daily like me, this recipe is a healthier version!
B. You already have the ingredients in your house! No special equipment is needed either - it's super simple to make.
C. The combos are endless! I'm sharing 2 of my favourite recipes today but feel free to play around with the flavour until you find one you love!
I hope you enjoy this clean eating sweet treat! Enjoy!
Banana Nice Cream
- 3 medium sized bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
* For chocolate peanut butter, add: 1 tablespoon of each cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter
* For strawberry banana, add: 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In your blender or food processor, add in frozen bananas and milk of your choice. Blend until smooth consistency.
2. Add in flavours of your choice (see above for ideas or mix in your own!). Continue to blend until combined. Mixture will be thick!
3. Place banana mixture into loaf pan. Cover with tin foil and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
4. Serve cold and enjoy!